Make a Psychologist appointment today
Appointments available: Monday – Saturday
Appointments available: Monday – Saturday
HOW TO BOOK
Would you like to see a Psychologist today? We may be able to arrange a last minute Psychologist appointment if you phone 1300 635 952.
Armadale Clinic: Mary, Crysta and Nellie.
Beaumaris Clinic: Mary, Sharon, Crysta, Anna, Amanda, Nellie and Hannah.
Appointments with Nellie, Sarah and Nicole are by arrangement over the phone. Please also phone to arrange a cognitive assessment with Nicole or Sarah.
We can help you via email: email@example.com and we are happy to discuss your needs in detail and provide recommendations on 1300 635 952.
Referrals are not required to make an appointment. If you would like to access Medicare rebates or are referred under WorkCover, TAC and other insurance companies then you will need a referral. You can ask your GP to fax a referral to 03 9102 5322 or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we only accept NDIS Self Managed or Plan Managed clients at this time.
If you have arranged an online session, we are providing these via Zoom Health (secure video conferencing platform) or a phone call session. We will send you an electronic form to complete your details and a consent form. You will receive a secure and encrypted link for your session.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel at the earliest opportunity so that the appointment can be made available for another person. In the case of less than 24 hours’ notice we will need to charge a cancellation fee (full fee). Please reschedule by Friday for appointments for the following Monday otherwise a cancellation fee will be charged. This fee is not claimable under Medicare or Health Funds. TAC and WorkCover clients will also be responsible for a cancellation fee.
Please call or email to discuss our schedule of fees and rebates available to you. We are a fee paying clinic and do not bulk bill, however reduced fees apply for health care card holders. Medicare rebates (between $86.15 and $126.50 per session) can be processed for you (please see section on Medicare rebates). NDIS patients are accepted however we require the NDIS plan to be plan managed or self managed.
Fees are payable on the day via EFT, Visa or MasterCard only.
MEDICARE REBATE AVAILABLE
If you are referred by your GP, Psychiatrist or a Paediatrician with a Mental Health Care Plan you will be eligible for a Medicare rebate (between $87.44 and $128.40 per session) for up to 10 face-to-face sessions per calendar year. You will need to pay the full fee for the session and then we can process the rebate for you (Medicare usually deposits this in your account within 24 hours).
FAQ’s for Telehealth
Are all your appointments via video or telephone?
We are slowly beginning to open our clinics for face to face consultations with additional hygiene measures in place. However if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms we can change your appointment to a video consultation easily. We are following the advice of Medicare, Department of Health and the Australian Psychological Society recommendations closely.
How can I organise a video consultation?
When you book online please place a request in the notes section for an online session. We will send you a link to your session. This link is encrypted and secure, as is your session. We are ensuring that all video sessions meet HIPAA security compliance standards.
How do I prepare for a video consultation?
We recommend a few things to help your session be the most beneficial for you.
- Find a space where you won’t be interrupted. Have your children watch their favourite TV show, let your partner know that you need some space, turn your phone to silent mode, even sit in your car if this helps. Let your Psychologist know if you are not at home in case they need to ensure you have the support you need.
- Try and choose a room that is bright with sunlight or overhead lights. Make a cup of tea or coffee and have a box of tissues handy if you need.
- Get some paper and a pen. We use an interactive whiteboard on our video platform which you can download towards the end of the session, but it’s nice to have a piece of paper in front of you if you need to take notes.
- It’s okay to start a session slowly and to take your time. Your Psychologist will be guided by you and your needs.
- Video quality can differ depending on the network, other people’s usage in the household and a myriad other factors. Whilst the internet is not always the most reliable, we want to provide you with reliable support so we might suggest transferring over to a phone call.
- Think about what you might need for after the session. Taking a walk, fresh air, a lie down with a favourite book etc might be the best way for you to unwind and create a calm relaxing space before you get back into the day to day activities.